Aulos Descant Recorder 503B Symphony
The Aulos collection of Descant recorders (also known as 'Soprano' recorders) are made of highly resilient ABS plastic and come in a variety of colours, fingerings and intonations.
Descant recorders are the most well-known models in the recorder family and are commonly used as first instruments in schools due to their relatively small finger spacing and ease of playing. They make for excellent ensemble instruments. Occupying the c'' – d'''' register, they are usually played as the highest voice in four-part ensembles.
Decant recorders use the most common fingering system - Baroque (English) fingering - unless otherwise noted.
Aulos Descant 503A Symphony - Key Features
- Tone: Refined, bright and rich tone. Using different breath pressures, various expressions can be realized.
- Design: Three-piece. Curved windway - concave bell at the foot-joint. Patented AULOS “cavity wall” design.
- Colour: Dark Brown and Ivory.
- Suitable for: Classroom, ensemble, and solo playing.
- Register: c’’ – d’’’’
- Fingering: Baroque (English)
- Material: ABS resin
- Accessories: Leatherette bag, fingering chart, thumb rest and cleaning rod.
- Length: 33.2cm