Aulos Descant Recorder 204AF U Design, Finger Disabilty
The Aulos collection of Descant recorders (also known as 'Soprano' recorders) are made of highly resilient ABS plastic and come in a variety of colours, fingerings and intonations.
Descant recorders are the most well-known models in the recorder family and are commonly used as first instruments in schools due to their relatively small finger spacing and ease of playing. They make for excellent ensemble instruments. Occupying the c'' – d'''' register, they are usually played as the highest voice in four-part ensembles.
Decant recorders use the most common fingering system - Baroque (English) fingering - unless otherwise noted.
Aulos Finger Disability model
Designed specifically for pupils and players with finger disabilities who would otherwise be excluded from the joy of playing recorder in school or elsewhere.
This Aulos Descant recorder has been designed specially for players with finger disabilities. In addition to the head piece, there are six separate sections for holes, fitting smoothly into one another. By rotating the holes and plugging certain holes, the recorder can accommodate fingers that are missing or that have limited movement.
Once adjusted for an individual's hand, the sections may then be glued into permanent position using the glue (included). A person with any six usable digits can play an entire chromatic scale from c' to a'''. If seven fingers are available in any combination, the range is extended by three semitones.
Aulos Descant 204AF U Design Finger Disability - Key Features
- Tone: Excellent response with strong, full sound throughout the register.
- Design: Seven-pieces. Curved windway, concave bell at the footjoint. Adjustable finger holes - A person with any six usable fingers can play an entire chromatic scale from c'' to a'''. If seven fingers are available in any combination, the range is extended by three semitones.
- Colour: Dark Brown and Ivory.
- Suitable for: Designed specifically for players with finger disabilities. players can fix the finger holes to the position where they can play recorder comfortably.
- Register: c’’ to a’’’
- Fingering: Baroque (English)
- Material: ABS resin
- Accessories: Leatherette bag, cleaning rod, joint grease, thumb rest, glue and rubber ring.
- Length: 32.4cm