Peavey HP2 Electric Guitar Tremolo Tiger Eye
The Peavey® HP2 is constructed with leading-edge technology, traditional handcrafted methods, professional-quality upgrades, and customizations. When a Europe-made guitar bears the initials of Peavey founder and CEO Hartley Peavey, players can expect an iconic design with its own unique flair.
While the esthetic is classic, the HP2 undoubtedly stands out with its carved top and offset, asymmetrical body design that offers comfort, proper balance, and maximum playing ease. Maple was chosen for the top and basswood for the back. We selected these hardwoods not only for their natural beauty and weight characteristics, but also for their specific tonal qualities. Cream or black-edge binding accents the body.
At the select birdseye maple neck and fingerboard, players will find unmatched stability and playability. Dual graphite reinforcement bars and an easy-access, adjustable steel torsion rod provide additional strength, as does the bolt-on construction with contoured neck heel. The oil-finished fingerboard is cut from the same piece of wood as the single-piece neck, keeping the color and grain patterns consistent. The stress-relieved lamination also adds increased stability. The HP2 has a 25 ½" scale length, 22 jumbo frets and 15" fingerboard radius. The 10-degree tilt-back headstock has a 3+3 tuning machine configuration featuring Schaller® tuning machines with pearloid or cream buttons. The chromeplated hardware finish completes the look.
The HP2's construction and electronics work in harmony. Two custom-wound Peavey humbucking pickups supply optimal output and tonal response. They're made using a two-step wax-dipping process that provides ultra-low noise operation and resistance to microphonic feedback. The pickups are mounted directly to the body, further reducing feedback at high volume levels and enhancing response. A Switchcraft® 3-way toggle switch allows selection of pickups in up, center and down configurations. Players will also find a Peavey/Floyd Rose® licensed, double-locking tremolo assembly to complete the guitar. Finishing off the guitar are two pushpull knobs for volume and tone, with the ability to split the pickups individually.
- 25,5“ (648 mm) scale
- Graphite-reinforced oil-finished neck and fingerboard
- 22 jumbo frets
- 15“ (381 mm) fingerboard radius
- Ten degree tilt-back headstock with unique scoop design
- Staggered ergonomic tuning machine placement with straight string pull
- Schaller tuning machines with pearloid buttons
- Locking topnut
- Switchcraft 3-way toggle switch - Up: Neck / Center: Both / Down: Bridge
- Peavey design humbucking pickups mounted directly to body
- Flame-maple/basswood body construction with carved top
- Cream edge binding
- Birdseye maple neck and fingerboard is carved to a fast yet comfortable feel
- Sculpted body/neck heel
- Peavey licensed Floyd Rose tremolo
- Master volume
- Master tone
- Push pull coil tap capability
- Easy-access torsion-rod adjustment
- Hardshell case included
- Handcrafted in the EU